The role of the techology manager is to improve and support project development & realisation in our mills or during integration of new entities as well as support divisional projects with technical/technological expertise.
Furthermore the job holder will enhance and develop synergies via bench-marking and best practice exchange.
Areas of important focus are Health & Safety and Risk Management.
- Divisional role in close contact with Technology & Manufacturing Manager
- Direct dealings with the operations team and technical teams in the Mills
- Responsible for maintaining good working relationships with internal customers through best practice in communication and developing innovative product solutions
- Represents the business as an Ambassador for the Division
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated packaging in Europe and of specialized plastic packaging worldwide. DS Smith operates across 37 countries and employs around 27,000 people. The Paper Division by itself has over 3,000 talented employees across a network of paper mills. The mills have a combined output of 2,8 million tons recycled paper, making DS Smith by far a leading European Manufacturer. As a supply cycle strategist, DS Smith aims to provide long term solutions that create efficient packaging ecosystems.
The paper mills are located in Bulgaria, Croatia, Italy, Germany, France, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom and the VS.
Health & Safety
Provides support to ensure that Group policies, procedures and communication support a culture of zero accidents.
Maintain and develop contacts with major suppliers
Together with the technology and manufacturing manager:
- Develop investment programme,
- Follow-up major investments with post-implementation audits ensuring quantitative and qualitative benefits are delivered.
- Builds up a project knowledge database to improve project success across the division
- Supports M&A work and new entities with development of enhancement strategies on productivity, sustainability, in conjunction with divisional colleagues, to reflect needs of the market. Drives synergy projects and delivers targets.
- Supports and partly lead divisional projects in technical terms
Technology Base Network, Benchmarking
- Actively supports and contributes to the BAT (Best Available Technicians) team.
- Stimulate cross-fertilisation of initiatives and technical exchange programs.
- Develops and supports technological benchmarking across the division
- Maintains a friendly speech to but being very clear on facts. Being very communicative and distributive with information’s related to his work to leverage benefits within the division
- Bachelor / Master Degree in engineering / technology
- Professional experience in paper manufacturing or paper technology, practiced ideally in paper industry in production or on supplier side (machine manufacturer)
- Drive for results under pressure
- Experience in project implementation in paper industry is a must
- Advanced / Professional on MS Excel
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- 5+ years, business experience including manufacturing and support functions
- Paper industry experience is a must
- Paper production
- Paper Process technology
- Paper machinery
- Project management
- Business Judgement
- Drive for Results
- Working as a Team, engaging people
- Able to create & implement Strategies
- Exciting environment
- A “Blue Chip” fast growing company
- High investment program
- Personal development
- Very good compensation and benefits
Please contact Pim van Meeuwen (+ 31 43 326 08 00) if you have any questions. Please send your application via the apply button.