Sappi is a globally renowned company specializing in wood pulp, paper-based and biorefinery solutions.
Located in The Netherlands, Sappi’s Maastricht Mill uses certified, renewable raw materials to produce high-quality products that are completely recyclable. Maastricht Mill is a paper producer that deploys a high-quality production process and continues innovation to create a leading product in terms of quality. In this, sustainability and respect for people and the environment are paramount. We use certified, renewable raw materials and our products are completely recyclable.
The Maastricht Mill, situated on the river Meuse, boasts the PM6 one of the world’s biggest machines for poly-coated board. On that machine we produce graphic board and folding box board (FBB) for both the graphic and the packaging industry. Our graphic products stand out because of their excellent surface and printability. We supply a range of products, varying from matt to glossy. Our folding box boards are distinguished by their very high bulk in combination with a silky surface with high gloss and brightness
We are looking for a people manager with an entrepreneurial spirit, characterized with integrity, courage and know-how to develop a high performance OPEX culture and corresponding leadership culture.
The Maastricht Paper Mill manager is member of the management team and responsible for realizing the planned production paper production- and converting output (215.000 tons) within defined targets (yields, quantity, cost and time).
- Your will effectively contribute to Sappi Mill strategic planning to meet customer, production and technical demands. Provide and work out suggestions and ideas that optimise the mill strategic direction; develop and implement plans in line with the overall Sappi strategy.
- You manage the Maastricht Paper Mill and strive actively for excellent safety performance
- You ensure availability of mid- and long term organizational development plans for the production department in topics such as staff, capacity, productivity, investments, processing and quality in line with the Mill strategic plan.
- You develop and obtain approval on details operation production plans (include budget figures, with defined mix-quality and raw material consumption). Constantly seek ways to reduce costs and optimise production, processes and quality.
- Take initiative and get involved in introducing, approving and executing proposals for continuous improvement projects in areas of responsibility such as: safety and health, environment, working climate, products , productivity ,investments , energy management, total quality approach, ISO, costs and profit optimisation.
- University degree or equivalent knowledge
- 8-10 years of management experience within a manufacturing environment in the graphic and board paper solutions
- Experience with the production of packaging boards is a pre
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others
- Maintain excellent stakeholder and peer relationships
- Willing to learn Dutch
- English fluent spoken and written
- Demonstrated personal flexibility, open and receptive and an excellent listener
- An excellent compensation and benefits package
- A fun and innovative team
- Room for personal development and growth
Thank you in advance for your interest! You can call Pim van Meeuwen (+31.6220.127.116.11) or e-mail him (email@example.com) for any questions.
Please apply via our PS1 website by clicking on the “apply” button.