Sappi is a globally renowned company specializing in wood pulp, paper-based and biorefinery solutions.
Located in The Netherlands, Sappi’s Maastricht Mill uses certified, renewable raw materials to produce high-quality products that are completely recyclable. Maastricht Mill is a paper producer that deploys a high-quality production process and continues innovation to create a leading product in terms of quality. In this, sustainability and respect for people and the environment are paramount. We use certified, renewable raw materials and our products are completely recyclable.
The Maastricht Mill, situated on the river Meuse, boasts the PM6 one of the world’s biggest machines for poly-coated board. On that machine we produce graphic board and folding box board (FBB) for both the graphic and the packaging industry. Our graphic products stand out because of their excellent surface and printability. We supply a range of products, varying from matt to glossy. Our folding box boards are distinguished by their very high bulk in combination with a silky surface with high gloss and brightness
Maintenance & Utilities
The Manager Maintenance and Utilities is managing a team of 60 employees. He/she leads the maintenance MT that consist out of a manager Mech. & Civil, Manager E&I, Manager Technics & Engineering, Manager Power Plant and Utilities and the Supervisor Spare parts warehouse.
- Ensure maximum technical availability and reliability of all production equipment at the lowest cost through efficient use of staff resources.
- Ensure production and deliveries of all energies in various ways aiding to the process of paper manufacturing at Maastricht Mill and contracted deliveries to third parties.
- Manage cleaning and provision of various utility and sewage waters as well as disposal of all waste materials including sludge.
- Manage to optimize the energy costs of the total Maastricht Mill and support Lanaken Mill in their energy optimization.
- Manage continuous improvement on all processes involved regarding the maintenance and utility area.
- Management and development of Maintenance & Utility department employees.
- Manage the implementation of the mill strategy goals in the applicable departments.
- All goals have to be realized within the budgets of Maastricht Mill, governmental rules and SHEQ-goals.
- Contribute to the overall Mill strategy and specifically setting up and updating a long-term vision on power supply, large energy consumers as well as maintenance and investment goals of the total Maastricht mill.
- Create an environment for initiatives to ensure continuous improvements on energy consumption, generation and emissions to the environment for the Maastricht mill according applicable to the SPE-vision.
- Responsible for and reporting to the Mill director concerning the applicable Maintenance & Utilities financials and other applicable figure and budgets.
- Manage obliged reporting to external stakeholders (i.e. government organizations like city of Maastricht, Province of Limburg, ..)
- Engineering degree (Bachelor / Master)
- 10 years experience within maintenance
- Proven track record in management and developmentof maintenance organizations within the process / chemical or heavy mechanical industry
- Experience with TMP / LEAN
- Experience with the management of Utilities
- Good knowledge of governmental rules and SHEQ industry standards
- Experience with CAPEX projects
- Strategic agility
- Ability to bridge between different departments
- Process thinker
- People oriented
- Experience with change management
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Experience with SAP is a preferred
- An excellent compensation and benefits package
- A fun and innovative team
- Room for personal development and growth
- Company car
Many thanks in advance for your interest! You can call Pim van Meeuwen (+31.6220.127.116.11) if you have any questions about Sappi and/or this challenging position.
Please apply via our PaperSupportOne.com website by clicking on the apply button.