DS Smith is committed to sourcing and developing talent across all levels of the organisation. To help us continue to run the successful business DS Smith is today, we invest a significant amount of time, effort and attention in our graduates – who we see as our leaders of the future.
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated and plastic packaging in Europe, supported by Recycling and Paper operations.
The 2020 DS Smith European Graduate Program is a 2-year program that will commence in March 2020. You will be involved in a dynamic working environment, with plenty of chances to grow and develop in the Paper division. DS Smith will help you apply your knowledge and experience to make a real and valued contribution to the organisation, while exposing yourself to all facets and attributes of the DS Smith world.
The program will be split in at least two paper mills across Europe; Italy, Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Romania, France, Germany, Croatia and The Netherlands are among the countries of choice. By joining the Paper Graduate Program, you will be given the opportunity to gain a solid professional experience by working on strategic projects and develop your management skills in an international environment.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of DS Smith and its exceptionally dynamic working environment. Being provided with full access to the manufacturing and commercial facilities, you will quickly gain a wide and holistic perspective of the paper business. Throughout your entire professional experience in DS Smith, you will be assigned a mentor to give you support and regular feedback on your performance and development. You will be involved in all the main Management Training Initiatives, such as our Engaging Managers Program, to prepare yourself for a management position. You will also have access to the full set of Learning & Development resources that DS Smith offers to its employees.
Your first assignment
Coordinate and lead several maintenance related pojects, optimize work steams, lead sub projects in a major rebuilding project, initiate and coordinate Paper Machine and Online condition monitoring.
Native Croatian graduates will start with their first assignment in Belisce, Croatia.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Have just graduated or have a maximum of up to two years working experience since the graduation
- Native Croatian
- Fluent in English and preferable one other European languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Dynamic and flexible in approach and mindset
- Managerial potential, a drive for results and eagerness for success
- Engagement, agile and strong commitment will be highly valued
- Willing to work all over Europe
- Willing to study during the graduate program
- Available to start in with the program in March 2020
- An international development programme within a fast growing “blue chip” company
- Challenging assignments combined with an extensive training programme
- Regular feedback from your personal mentor
- A fulfilling management position at one of our European locations after completing the programme
- Plenty of career growth opportunities
- Excellent annual salary
Contact Jeroen Warnier (+31 622 46 68 10) if you have any questions about the program.