A leading player in the banknote industry, VHP Security Paper has been producing and supplying state-of-the-art banknote paper to Central banks and high security printers throughout the world for more than 200 years. In addition to banknote paper, VHP Security Paper also offers a wide range of security features such as watermarks and security threads.
Oberthur Fiduciaire, one of the largest, and fastest growing, banknote printers’ in the world, acquired VHP in 2017, including its banknote paper production plant, as well as all its banknote related Intellectual Property.
For the production plant in the Netherlands, we are looking for an enthousiastic and result-driven Technology & HE Manager.
Papermill with converting
The Technology & Health Environment Manager is responsible for the development and industrialisation of products or processes in relation with Oberthur’s Group Research Centres. In line with the Production Administration Manager and the Quality Manager, he is in charge to anticipate the production constraints of the products from the tender phase. In cooperation with the Production Manager he is responsible for determining recipe and machine settings to shorten the job change-over and assure high productivity level. He takes also an active role in driving efficiency within the organization, compliance with legislation and regulations, well-maintained relationships with external affairs, and keep it all up to date.
In this position you are member of the management team and your main task is to accomplish a professional and successful Technology & HE department with approximately six professional co-workers. With MT colleagues, you are sharing the responsibility for the optimization of processes in terms of quantity, quality, operational costs, environment, energy savings and efficiency. In accordance with Lean Manufacturing principle, you propose, assess and implement cost reduction plans regarding raw materials, consumables, sewer losses and energy savings. You take initiatives and are involved in the qualitative improvement of the process and product by implementing efficiency and improvement proposals.
- A bachelors, masters or demonstrable equal degree in Chemical, Paper Science or Process Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a managerial role.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in process engineering and leading technical improvement projects.
- You build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- You can create an environment where people are motivated to do their best to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
- You are able to build good and effective working relationships with people at different layers in the organization.
- You are also able to connect and manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- You have good written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both verbal and in writing.
- Willing to relocate to the Apeldoorn (NL) area.
Pim van Meeuwen +31 43 326 08 00