In this new role, the Group Engineering Manager’s primary objective is to lead and direct the efforts of the central and regional engineering teams towards building World Class capabilities in maintenance and Capex deployment across the group
Solidus has an operating footprint across the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, France and the United Kingdom and employs around 1,250 employees. With five solid board mills and ten converting plants as well as dedicated sales offices in France, Poland and Costa Rica, Solidus Solutions is the largest Pan-European integrated solid board operation. With a commercial reach of more than 80 countries Solidus Solutions realises a sales of € 400 million.
Together with Centerbridge, Solidus Solutions has the ambition to maintain, strengthen and expand its uncontested leadership position and make another step change in size, profit, performance and overall value.
Strong and sustainable autonomic growth, consistent and sustainable Operational Excellence, combined with a focused Merger & Acquisition strategy, based on a clear vision of the future of our business, are the leading pillars for further expansion in the coming years.
- Develop and embed a lean HQ organisational structure for the engineering function including setting up automation and project management teams.
- Sets up a 5-year capex planning process managing cash outflows according to project approval guidelines and in agreement with the finance department.
- Establish an engineering roadmap that maximises return on investment in the short and mid-term including benchmarks
- Rank the priorities to ensure focussed and effective execution against the agreed roadmap.
- Develops and tracks KPI’s to demonstrate achievement against the Group’s strategic plan.
- Deploys world class maintenance techniques to deliver best in class levels of reliability at the lowest possible cost
- Quickly build good relationships with other functional leaders within the matrix organisation to ensure the engineering goals are effectively integrated within the Solidus way framework.
- Create a culture to work at pace and deliver against challenging deadlines and targets.
- Develops and drives a technology strategy that is aligned with the Solidus way.
- Implement leveraging technology and automation to drive operational performance
- Provides clear direction and accountability, installs measures to follow up on commitments.
- Implements initiatives in automation and industry 4.0.
- Defines and sets the electrical, mechanical and automation standards for the group.
- Identify with Plant Management new technical projects and initiatives targeted at improving costs, saving energy and reducing our environmental footprint.
- Supports innovation by assisting our R&D group in the development of new products and technologies.
- Establishing a close relationship with our critical technology suppliers.
For the ideal candidate, this position is a fantastic challenge within a multinational organisation that provides leading and high-quality products and solutions. In addition, this role offers extensive freedom of action and is integral to the delivery of our future plans. You will have a proven and credible background as a Senior Engineering Manager who has consistently delivered tangible business results in a best-in-class manufacturing industry.
Candidates for this position must have the following background/experience:
- Higher relevant education qualification or Master’s degree (f.e. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical and electrical fields, MBA a plus) and/or the ability to work and think at academic level
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing significant, complex capital intensive projects
- A significant element of prior experience will have been acquired within a large global, complex matrix organisation covering multiple regions.
- Paper / Board manufacturing experience is a key requirement for the role.
- Experience with working in a fast paced and performance driven PE-oriented environment is highly preferable.
- Work permit for the EU.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to communicate in English is mandatory.
- Attractive remuneration package
- Company car
- Excellent pension scheme
If you have any questions, please contact Pim van Meeuwen, +3188.8.131.521. If you want to apply, you can simply click the apply button and upload your CV.