The Manager Paper Mill is responsible for the management of the paper manufacturing operations that include multiple paper machines and converting department (reels/sheets) for the production of coated papers.
In this position you will manage various aspects of safety, operations and organizational design in the plant Your will be responsible for managing cost effectiveness of operations, improving equipment reliability, improving process and product consistency.
Our client is global supplier of coated paper and has a multi sites operations in Europe.
- Must follow the company’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable, to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for all grade of paper.
- Deliver the safe and efficient production of the highest quality product at the lowest cost through employee engagement and the development and implementation of systems, training and development of all personnel.
- Manage the multiple paper machine operation within approved budgets (time, yields, quality, quantity) and ensure realisation within approved budget and plan.
- Manage 8 direct reports and 250 indirect reports to deliver on EBITDA goals.
- Champion the Continuous Improvement process utilizing key CI tools as well as other improvement tools, to secure the technical performance of machinery, to improve energy management, SHE, quality management, cost and profit optimisation.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the Belgium on a full-time basis
- Master Degree in applicable field
- 8 to 10 years of experience within a management position related to the paper manufacturing operations including multiple paper machines and converting equipment.
- Demonstrated results in quality improvement, customer satisfaction and process capability in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of developing and managing departmental budgets, positively managing and developing direct reports to build organizational strength and developing process capabilities to enhance system capacity to achieve product development success.
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as teamwork skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Core Competencies : Integrity and Trust, Problem Solving, People management
- Decision Quality, Action Oriented, Managerial Courage, Peer Relationships
- Other Competencies Required : Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Priority Setting, Process Management, Interpersonal Savvy, Listening, Command Skills, Motivating Others, Directing Others, Developing Direct Reports, Confronting Direct Reports, Some travel required.
- Preferably has a experience working with union workforce.
- Excellent remuneration package
- Company car
If you have any questions, please contact Pim van Meeuwen, +3126.96.36.1991. If you want to apply, you can simply click the apply button.