The director is in charge of the site P&L results, including H&S, environmental, Mill personnel, product and quality, machinery efficiency, maintenance and in general all related activities on site in respect to the agreed budget. Our client is leading European supplier of board and has a multi sites operations in Europe. They produce approximately 1.2 million tons of board and their turnover is ± € 800 million.
- Represent the Mill and the group locally;
- Propose the Mill strategy to deliver budget and mid-long term corporate plan;
- Manage the single paper machine- and converting operation within approved budgets (time, yields, quality, quantity) and ensure realisation within approved budget and plan;
- Deliver the safe and efficient production of the highest quality product at the lowest cost through employee engagement and the development and implementation of systems, training and development of all personnel;
- Sets reliable and stretched targets by involving the functional people and drive them to achieve results;
- Must follow the company’s manufacturing and hygiene processes, procedures and policies, as applicable, to the position’s areas of responsibility, in order to meet and maintain the safety, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements for all grade of paper;
- Contribute the Group results by maximising Group business opportunities;
- Manage around 10 direct reports and around 180 indirect reports to deliver on EBITDA goals;
- Champion the Continuous Improvement process utilizing key CI tools as well as other improvement tools, to secure the technical performance of machinery, to improve energy management, SHE, quality management, cost and profit optimisation.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the France on a full-time basis
- University Degree in Engineering or proven experience
- At least 10 years of experience within a management position related to the paper manufacturing operations including converting equipment.
- Strong experience in working with union workforce and Works Council
- Demonstrated results in quality- & output improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of developing and managing departmental budgets, positively managing and developing direct reports to build organizational strength and developing process capabilities to enhance system capacity to achieve quality- & output improvement, customer satisfaction.
- Track record in Health & Safety and Change management
- Paper Making manufacturing strong experience
- Knowledge of Paper making policies and procedures and main ISO certification systems
- Fluent in English & French
- Teamwork, decision making inspiring others and strong communication skills complete the profile
- Excellent remuneration package
- Company car
If you have any questions about this position you can contact Pim van Meeuwen, Managing Director of Paper Support One via +318.104.22.168.11
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.