DS Smith is committed to developing talent across all levels of the organisation. To help us continue to run the successful business DS Smith is today, we invest a significant amount of time, effort and attention in our graduates – who we see as our future leaders.
DS Smith is a leading provider of sustainable packaging solutions, paper products and recycling services worldwide. We operate in more than 30 different countries, proudly employing over 30,000 people. It’s thanks to the skills and knowledge of our employees that we are able to provide our customers with strategic support across their entire packaging Supply Cycle.
More information about DS Smith:
By joining the Management Graduate Program of DS Smith, you will be given the opportunity to gain a solid professional experience by working on strategic projects and develop your management skills in an international industrial environment.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of DS Smith and its exceptionally dynamic working environment. Being provided with full access to the manufacturing and commercial facilities, you will quickly gain a wide and holistic perspective of the paper business.
Throughout your entire professional experience in DS Smith, you will be assigned a mentor to give you support and regular feedback on your performance and development. You will be involved in all the main Management Training Initiatives, such as our Engaging Managers Program, to prepare yourself for a management position. You will also have access to the full set of Learning & Development resources that DS Smith offers to its employees.
Your first assignments:
During your first assignment you will gain detailed knowledge about our Recycling business and understand how recycling fits in to the group structure and circular economy model. You will take care of strategy development and help to shape and roll out plans for the future for divisional- and group projects among the following subjects:
- Implementation and rollout of sustainability projects across Recycling Division depot network
- E.g. Carbon reduction, waste to landfill, biodiversity and community projects at every site.
- Project managing and tracking progress, and coordinating with local sustainability champions to drive projects forward
- Own KPI tracking and reporting through Certus to Recyclability & Sustainability Manager
- Research, development and pilots of e-commerce and closed loop projects
- First Mile: Development of pilots to intercept post-consumer fibre before it enters the waste management system. – e.g. smart bins, Ecoschools, e-comm backhaul, etc.
- Project Infinity – Supply cycle traceability. Development of track and trace systems for recycled fibre to prove closed loop and end destination
- Supporting Commercialisation of our sustainability and innovation offering for Recycling Divisions customers
- Involvement in Group cross-selling opportunities, closed loop certification, plastic replacement, etc.
- Contribute towards marketing strategy, case studies and campaigns
- Master’s degree in International Business, Sustainability, Marketing or Management, SCM, Business Administration;
- Maximum two years working experience since the graduation;
- Managerial potential, a drive for results and eagerness for success;
- Fluent in English and Spanish or Italian or Portuguese language;
- A dynamic and flexible in approach and mindset;
- Engagement, agile and strong commitment will be highly valued;
- Willing to study during the graduate program;
- Willing to work all over Europe in their career;
- A work permit for the EU;
- Available for interviews in June;
- Available to start in with the program in September 2021.
We understand that making the right career choice is important to any graduate, and joining a programme like ours shows you are committed and dedicated to your career. Therefore, our benefits & rewards packages for our programmes reflect the market conditions of the country where you will be working for the duration of the programme, together with recognising the contribution and value that our graduates bring to our business.
An international European development programme within a fast growing “blue chip” company
Challenging assignments combined with an extensive training programme
Regular feedback from your personal mentor
Plenty of career opportunities after the programme
Excellent compensation package
If you have questions about this position you can contact Pim van Meeuwen (+31 43 326 08 00)
If you are interested in the programme you can apply and upload your CV via the ‘apply- button’. We are looking forward to you application!