The role of IT Solution Manager owns building strategic IT capabilities with internal and external suppliers, including technical design and delivery of innovative and effective solutions that enables transformation, and the embedding of high levels of service qualities in all systems and processes owned within the Supply Chain Domain.
This role is responsible for building solutions and aligned domain strategies in a wide range of applications and data projects to support the priorities of the business. The individual will have an aptitude for translating complex, technical subjects into clear, business-oriented language and have the ability to work across diverse organisations leading complex internal and external project teams.
The Supply Chain Solutions Manager will report directly to the Head of Supply Engine Centre of Excellence (CoE)
DS Smith is a leading provider of sustainable packaging solutions, paper products and recycling services worldwide. Over the past 80 years the organisation has grown dramatically, as have our services and areas of expertise. Today, they operate in more than 30 different countries, proudly employing over 30,000 people. It’s thanks to the skills and knowledge of our employees that we are able to provide our customers with strategic support across their entire packaging Supply Cycle.
The Supply Engine IT Centre of Excellence is responsible for aligning IT solutions and domain strategy to DS Smith’s strategic priorities working closely with the respective IT business partners and business stakeholder community.
- Definition of application architecture to effectively support the Divisional Supply Chain Strategy, collaborating with IT Business Partners aligning the company IT strategy
- Ownership of dedicated supply chain solution supplier relationships, performance, contracts and budgets.
- Actively seek opportunities to reduce costs or increase value wherever possible
- Define the principles to guide application solution decisions and to design and lead solutions implementations.
- Develop a road map of the evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state and coordinate solution architecture implementation and modification activities.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of application and data standards and consult with the other solutions and architecture functions to ensure appropriate fit.
- To analyse industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- To analyse business drivers to determine corresponding application and/or data change requirements.
- Provides analysis and advisory expertise and supports and guides business process and application initiatives. Initiates ideas, supports the development of business cases
- Ensure quality of service and support level agreements are adhered to
- Support the business in the testing and acceptance of solutions
- Be active in the SCM Digital Transformation.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry.
- Five years of leadership responsibilities.
- Preferably five or more years of experience in large, multi-national, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Multiple years of experience in IT applications
- Excellent communication skills in the English language both written and oral
- Proven knowledge of Supply Chain business processes
- Knowledge of ERP and SCM, familiar with SAP
- Leadership experience in managing international, multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects is an advantage
- Experience in paper industry is an advantage
- A challenge within a leading international company
- Excellent compensation & benefits package
Paper Support One is an executive search agency specialized in the pulp, paper and board industry. DS Smith works exclusively with Paper Support One for the position of Supply Chain IT Solutions Manager. If you have any questions, please contact Pim van Meeuwen (+31653.265.511)
Looking forward to your application!