Gratkorn Mill is an integrated mill situated on either side of the river Mur near Graz (Austria). The mill produces high-quality multi-coated papers which are used for premium quality publications all over the world. Sappi totally revolutionised the mill with the building of one of the largest and most advanced coated fine paper production lines in the world. This paper machine has been upgraded in 2014 and is again state of the art. The possible grammage range for coated paper has been increased. In 2015 a general rebuild of critical parts of the liquor boiler and recovery plant has been finished. Key to this upgrade is the positive environmental impact with a decrease in noise pollution and in NOX/SO2 emissions.
Gratkorn Mill produces 980,000 tons per annum of high-quality double and triple coated papers annually which are used for premium quality publications all over the world. The mill produces 250,000 tons per annum of totally chlorine-free (TCF) bleached chemical pulp for own consumption and it has an annual sheet finishing capacity of 875,000 tons. About 95% of the mill’s production is exported. Gratkorn Mill has around 1,240 highly skilled and motivated employees.
In this modern mill, every detail has its role to play and to the people at Gratkorn Mill, attention to detail form the essence of manufacturing excellence.
- Technical responsibility in the specialist area for the assigned systems, as well as responsible for the setting, implementation and observance of the maintenance program in cooperation with the specialist engineers of the other specialist areas, shutdown planning and the mechanical workshops
- Scheduling, implementation and monitoring of projects (investment and major repairs) in accordance with the on-site procedural rules
- Mid-term scheduling for major repairs and replacement investments in the specialist area for the assigned systems
- Constant improvement of the technical development of the assigned systems in terms of availability, resources and costs
- Use of advanced methods and tools to identify, analyze and correct weaknesses and reduce maintenance costs in the assigned system area
- Application of the Sappi SPE & I leadership and management methods
- Ensuring operational safety and readiness for operation, taking into account all general and occupational safety-related principles and requirements at the site
- Responsible for the timely execution of all legally required technical tests and other documentation
- Joint preparation of the repair budget in cooperation with the workshops and production as well as control of compliance with the costs in the assigned specialist and plant area
- Responsible for the mechanical spare parts in the assigned plant area as well as optimizing the inventory of the replacement part considering all influencing factors in technical and economic terms
A Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Good IT-Skills
- good knowledge of English in words and in writing
- Independent way of working, high willingness to learn and flexibility
- Team skills, willingness to make decisions, analytical workmanship and organizational talent
- For this position, Sappi offers you a gross annual salary of 52,000 or more, a payment is possible in accordance with your professional qualifications and experience
- Attractive secondary conditions
- Professional training
- Permanent training
- An innovative team
- A varied area of responsibility
If you have any questions about this position you can contact Pim van Meeuwen, Managing Director of Paper Support One via +318.104.22.168.11
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.