The Sales Director is in charge of selling the RDM product portfolio in France. He/she defines and implements the company’s business strategy in accordance with objectives of economic profitability and the general strategy determined by the Sales Director. He/she strictly collaborates with the Mills to assure achieving the P&L budget results. He/she gives market and customers information to the Head of Sales North and to the mills in terms of quality, service, new product development and commercial strategy.
RDM Group is the leading producer in the recycled cartonboard business and the largest producer in Italy, France, the Netherlands and in the Iberian Peninsula. While coated board is mainly supplied to the European market, solid board is representing a leading segment worldwide including US and Asia. The RDM Head Quarter is located in Milan and they have nine Board Mills and 4 sheeting centers in Europe
- Manage Company Sales Strategy deployment to support the long-term Strategy of the Group, across the region.
- Establish service standards that ensure consistent service deliver improvement across the Mill network. This will actively involve: Service Centre, Supply Chain, Mills and Customers.
- Work closely with colleagues in Supply Chain and Manufacturing to deliver the planned volumes. Manage any variations to plan with customers to maintain service quality.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the market, customer needs and trends. Provide insight to management colleagues on emerging trends
- Work with Mills management and TCS to develop products in line with market trends and customer needs.
- Main ‘point of contact’ for any sales complaint, effectively manage these, together with TCS, resolve where possible and escalate where necessary. Complaint resolution and managing expectations will be key.
- Ensure the implementation of the Communication Strategy to support the delivery of the business goals.
- Work with the Sales Director North, the Service Centre and Mills, identify improvement opportunities in the current processes within Sales and Account Management for the Paper Division.
- Responsible for managing ‘Old stock’ to reduce levels of Working Capital, monitoring and acting on budget deviations through challenging the forecast, production allocations and overall despatches.
- Collaborate with the Sales organisation and the other Mills to contribute achieving the Group results.
- Delivery of Sales budget for products and identify actions to maintain the sales target with a continuous reforecast.
- In coordination with the Sales Director North and Credit Manager analyse and agree customer credit policy.
- Lead the country sales unit workforce.
- Make sure leadership skills in the teams are periodically assessed and close gaps where needed with specific training.
- Set reliable and stretched targets by involving the sales people and drive them to achieve results of which is accountable.
- Comply with safe work standards in effect.
- Promote sound occupational health and safety management.
- Keep external contacts with customers and associations, in compliance with the Group purpose and values.
- Key Customer relationships, negotiating approach and business development.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining good customer relations in alignment with Mills and Group strategy.
- Use customer survey feedback to develop individual customer plans.
- Look constantly for ways in which to innovate and enhance our offering to our internal and external Customers understanding their needs.
- Develop new customer services standard.
– Bachelor / Master- degree
– At least 10 year experience in international B2B sales;
– Paper Industry background (board / paper / packaging);
– Managing the company sales strategy deployment in France;
– People management & development;
– Integrated Business Planning;
– Complaint handling
– Managing key accounts
– Delivering sales budgets
– Business sales management / approach
– Customer relations ship management including credit policy
– Managing a home office structure
– Fluent in English and French
– Team player
– Strong communicator
– Strong negotiator
– Structured work approach
– Problem solver
– Relationship builder
– Coaching management style
– Resilient / anticipating
– Result orientated
- An leading sales management position within a leading producer of recycled cartonboard;
- A position within a European network;
- An excellent C&B package;
- 20% bonus
- Company car
RDM Group works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for the Sales Director France position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about the RDM Group or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.