The OPEX manager supports selected mills to deliver the expected results by working on the implementation of the ManEx initiatives according to the Mill priorities and building the capability in the operational teams.Together with the Mill Manager drives and monitors the implementation of the Manufacturing Excellence behaviour, modules and systems within the mill, e.g. DDS. S/he will support the definition of site action plans for continuous improvement activities based on locally/jointly identified gaps. The leadership/coaching capability and behaviour development does have a critical part to the success. On a defined scope he/she will actively lead the execution/implementation with a hands on mentality.
The WEPA Group is a future-oriented family business operating throughout Europe which offers sustainable and innovative hygiene solutions that provide a safe feeling of hygiene and contribute daily to the well-being of millions of people. They are among the three largest European manufacturers and lead the market in the production of hygiene paper from recycled fibres.
- You are a Role Model for Safety
- Support for Mill and Department Manager to deliver desired results via people development/coaching and implementation of Manufacturing Excellence initiatives
- Be close to the operational process and actively promote, support and follow-up the consistent implementation of Manufacturing Excellence modules and systems according to the mill business priorities.
- Actively coach local teams in the mill in the implementation of the Manufacturing Excellence standards, programs and systems, supporting and developing Operations Managers/Leaders in their coaching capabilities – deliver hands-on support
- Actively transfers skills/knowledge develops the capabilities in the mill s/he is supporting
- Review implementation progress/quality and address gaps with Mill managers, regional directors and Head of Manufacturing Excellence.
- Support the development and implementation of effective training programs as well as the maintenance strategy which is linked to Manufacturing Excellence methodologies.
- Aim is to further develop skills, ensure effective and sustainable standards to deliver the desired results
- University Degree or equivalent within relevant practice
- A proven track record of driving change/improvement in an operational leadership role with extensive coaching experience
- Solid experience in FMCG industry
- 5+ years in Operations Role (Operation Managers/Leader)
- Proven performance improvements driven through Continuous Improvement tools
- „Hands on“ mentality and way of working
- Profound practical leadership experience including people management
- Extensive process and technical understanding and hands on orientation
- Structured and self-driven way of working
- Ability to effectively engage & influence stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal; and ability to facilitate, train and coach
- A challenging position within the European Manufacturing Excellence Team
- Excellent C&B Package
- Plenty of growth opportunities in the Mill and internationally
WEPA works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for the Operational Excellence Manager position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about WEPA or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
Please upload your CV via the “APPLY” button.
We are looking forward to meeting you!