Sappi is a global company focused on providing dissolving wood pulp, paper pulp, paper-based and biorefinery solutions to its customers in over 150 countries. Formed in 1936 in South Africa, Sappi established itself in Europe through a series of acquisitions that started in the 1990’s in the UK, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. Our acquisition of M-real in 2009 provided a 50% growth of our production capacity. In 2017, Sappi Europe generated 48% of group sales.
Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, Sappi Europe is the leading European producer and supplier of coated fined paper, packaging and specialty papers. In Europe Sappi has 10 papermills, 14 sales offices and 5700 employees. Within Sappi Europe the Central Technology & Engineering department is managing Major Capex projects, Specialty CAPEX projects, Synergy CAPEX projects and projects that require specific industry knowledge.
The Central Technology * Engineering department is preparing and managing Major Capex projects. The Central department is located in Gratkorn (Austria) and consist of ±30 technologists and project managers. At the moment we are looking for a Project Manager / Technologist for Paper Machine Capex Projects. The job location is in Gratkorn, Austria.
- Responsible for technical and technological pre-feasibility studies and preparation of major capital investment projects for the paper production
- Implementation, coordination, direction and monitoring of major capital investment projects for the paper production
- Responsible for budget allocation, ongoing cost controlling, contract and claim management, risk analysis and reporting
- Performs the planning of the activities according to the scope of supply and services
- Leading international project teams
- MSc degree in Paper Technology, chemical-, mechanical- or process engineering;
- Several years of relevant professional experience in a Project Manager position, ideally in a corporate environment;
- Experience in (coated) paper is preferred, but not necessary;
- Fluent English spoken and written, other foreign languages are an advantage;
- Communication strength and intercultural competence;
- Willingness to travel and flexibility;
- Independent well structured working method, self-responsibility and cooperativeness for teamwork;
- Self initiative and entrepreneurial thinking;
- Strong negotiating and leadership skills.
- We can offer you a very high degree of decision-making tasks in an absolutely varied field of activities
- An international position within a leading Pulp & Paper company
- A international work environment with experienced Good personal development
- A lot of major CAPEX projects
- Excellent compensation & benefits
Paper Support One is an executive search agency specialized in the Pulp, Paper, Tissue and Board industry. Sappi works exclusively with Paper Support One for the position of Project Manager / Technologist. If you have any questions, please contact Pim van Meeuwen (+31653265511).
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.