The Product Development manager has the overall coordination responsibility of creating and introducing new products to the market. He/She drives new products development by bench-marking competition by gathering business intelligence on customer needs and trends. Lead research and development activities with external partners (R&D Centers, Universities, etc.) and experts.
RDM Group is the leading producer in the recycled cartonboard business and the largest producer in Italy, France, the Netherlands and in the Iberian Peninsula. While coated board is mainly supplied to the European market, solid board is representing a leading segment worldwide including US and Asia. The RDM Head Quarter is located in Milan and they have nine Board Mills and 4 sheeting centers in Europe
- Coordinate, inspire and define the tactic of Product Development for products within RdM Group;
- Interact with TCS team, Sales, Finance and Mill functions to deliver the Group strategy towards Customer and market needs for new product development;
- Create close cooperation with external R&D centres and Universities as well as with external experts to guarantee technical understanding, sustainability and product safety;
- Actively cooperate with TCS team for build-up of knowledge and business intelligence of competitor boards;
- Address communication through clear and defined channels by identifying value of development needs from different perspectives;
- Contribute to all RDM Group assets development;
- Drive specific projects for development purposes;
- Set reliable and challenging targets by involving the persons filling the function and inspire them to achieve;
- Review and evaluate customer information throughout technical contacts and in cooperation with TCS + Sales to understand market trends for product development purposes;
- Responsible for maintaining good working relationships with external partners through best practice in communication, dispute resolution and developing innovative product;
- Review product development process.
- University degree or equivalent business work experience;
- Paper industry experience is a must;
- Experience with product development for Paper / Packaging;
- Minimum 10 years, business experience including manufacturing and support functions;
- International experience is a must.
- Well developed project management skills
- Very good level of spoken and written English is a must;
- Willingness to travel up t 50%
- An international position in product development management within a leading producer of recycled cartonboard;
- A position within a European network;
- An excellent C&B package;
- Plenty growth opportunities.
RDM Group works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for the Product Development Manager position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about the RDM Group or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
Please upload your CV via the “APPLY” button.
We are looking forward to meeting you!