The Sales Manager is in charge of selling the RDM WLC product portfolio in the DACH/BENELUX area of reference to the portfolio customers and/or to the new customers. He/she defines and implements the Sales Region business strategy in accordance with objectives of economic profitability and the general strategy determined by the Regional Sales Director. They closely collaborate with the GD/GC/Liner Mills to assure achieving the P&L budget results.
RDM Group is the leading producer in the recycled cartonboard business and the largest producer in Italy, France, the Netherlands and in the Iberian Peninsula. While coated board is mainly supplied to the European market, solid board is representing a leading segment worldwide including US and Asia. The RDM Head Quarter is located in Milan and they have nine Board Mills and 4 sheeting centers in Europe
- You will contribute to define the budget of the plant (tonnage and selling price); sell to assigned customers in order to achieve the budget (tons and spread);
- You will identify the decision-makers and establish the relationships with the buyer or the manager at the customer.
- Analyse gaps and define corrective actions sales and manage claims with mill support.
- Support on customers delivery helping the sales assistants.
- Deployment to support the long-term Strategy of the Group, across the area and assigned customers.
- You will negotiating approach and business development and are responsible for establishing and maintaining good customer relations.
- You understand the needs of customers, provide technical solutions based on internal services and enhance the range of products.
- You will establish service standards that ensure consistent service deliver improvement across the Mill network. This will actively involve: Service Centre, Supply Chain, Mills and Customers.
- You will work closely with colleagues in Supply Chain and Manufacturing to deliver the planned volumes. Manage any variations to plan with customers to maintain service quality.
- You will develop detailed knowledge of the market, customer needs and trends. Provide insight to management colleagues on emerging trends.
- Ensure the implementation of the Communication Strategy to support the delivery of the business goals. Organise factory visits for clients in its portfolio, analyse and suggest optimisations for the processing of customers.
- You are responsible for managing ‘Old stock’ to reduce levels of Working Capital, monitoring and acting on budget deviations through challenging the forecast, production allocations and overall despatches.
- In coordination with Regional Sales Director and Credit Manager you will analyse and agree customer credit policy. Involved with the Credit Manager in case of payment problems and the recovery of the pending, seeks solutions to guarantee the recovery.
- You will ensure the reliability and completeness of relevant information.
- Work with Mills management and TCS to develop products in line with market trends and customer needs.
- You will identify and develop new customers. Take Customer contacts in alignment with Mills and Group strategy.
- Keep external contacts with customers and associations, in compliance with RDM Group purpose and values.
- Assure high quality and management standards on Customer needs and suggest and develop new customer services standard.
- Degree Level, ideally with Business Professional Post Graduate qualification;
- At least 5 years in Sales role within a Paper / board and/or Converting company;
- High Integrity;
- Good team player;
- Accountability for performance & results;
- Ability to build up meaningful relationships;
- Good communication skills;
- Holistic view.
- An leading sales management position within a leading producer of recycled cartonboard;
- An excellent C&B package;
- 20% bonus;
- Company car.
RDM Group works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for the Product Development Manager position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about the RDM Group or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.