The process engineer is responsible to realize, maintain and optimize the production process by giving effective support and advices to the production supervisor of the paper machine. He / she is promoting process innovation and simplification. Divines projects to reduce all forms of waste to increase efficiency and / or reduce costs. He / She maintain continuous improvement momentum through te speed of execution and supports CI teams and advices on the use of relevent lean tools..
Our client is Sappi Maastricht. Sappi Maastricht produce 260.000 tons of Graphical Board and Coated Packaging Papers.
The process Engineer is reporting to the Production supervisor of the Paper Production Department.
- Realize, maintain and optimize the production process by giving effective support and advice to the (production) supervisor(s);
- Maximize output of the whole production line;
- Promote process innovation and simplification;
- Seek to reduce all forms of waste to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs;
- Carries responsibilities in designing and executing allocated investment- and other projects within the production area’s;
- Maintain continuous improvement momentum through the speed of execution;
- Supports continuous improvement teams and advices on the use of relevant lean tools;
- Supports production supervisors in setting up and introduce the right KPI’s.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Optimize and improve production processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, improve sustainability and so maximize profitability. Support management to realize the goals of the department.
Identify and help to identify potential improvement projects
- Study and analyze existing installations and processes;
- Work out improvement proposals together with colleagues/teams of operators;
- Emphasize the strong use of Root cause analysis, and keep track of progress in the groups;
- Support the SHEQ policy of the mill and the department;
- Observe all SHEQ regulations and report deviating situations to contribute to a safe, healthy, environment-friendly and high quality working environment.
- Working conform the valid guidelines;
- Report every possible risk-bearing situation regarding safety, health, environment and/or quality;
- Propose improvement idea;
- Collaborate in SHEQ actions and assignments.
Motivate/inspire groups of operators
- Depending on the development level of the members, lead or coach improvement groups of operators, train them, support them in creating and evaluating of new ideas, and facilitate them to implement the ideas.
- Carry out assigned special projects within the production department;
- Act like a project leader in these projects, including feasibility, preparation and execution phase.These projects relate to efficiency improvement projects, fixed cost measures, variable cost improvements;
- Escalate project decisions if needed and have good communication with local end central T&E department, project members, management and stakeholders in general.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Work out a short and long-term OEE plan for the production department including related KPI’s;
- Continuously challenge operators and peers;
- Keep track of related improvements.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Process Technology;
- Between 0 and 5 year experience within the Process- Chemical or Paper industry;
- Process thinker;
- Team-player who likes to work together with different departments (Maintenance, Technology & Engineering, Health &Safety and Supply Chain);
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Can handle resistance to change;
- Fluent in English;
- A valid working permit for the Netherlands.
- A high tech surrounding within an international company;
- Training and development;
- The opportunity to grow and develop towards other positions in the organisation;
- An annual gross salary between € 50.000 and 75.000 (depending on the experience of the candidate);
- 25 Vacation day’s;
- 12 additional vacation day’s;
- Pension scheme free of charge.
Sappi Maastricht works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for this position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about Sappi or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.