In this role you will be responsible for improving the Health & Safety policies with a focus on implementation and auditing. You will report directly to the European VP Health & Safety, and with a joint mandate from the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the Health & Safety audits across the 14+ sites in the European Paper & Board Division.
Smurfit Kappa, a FTSE 100 company, is one of the leading providers of paper-based packaging solutions in the world, operating across 36 countries with around 46,000 employees in over 350 production sites. Our shared purpose is that we create sustainable products and solutions that are essential; that we protect what we, and our stakeholders, care about; and that we care about our customers, each other, our wider community, and the planet. www.smurfitkappa.com
- Maintain a strong understanding of the European Health & Safety Policies and use empirical knowledge to further develop the audit protocol to ensure delivery of both strong systems and robust implementation locally (site level).
- Defining the annual audit schedule and subsequently leading the on-site audits.
- Optimising the audit process with a focus on quality, consistency, and accountability.
- A strong working knowledge of the Health & Safety Software tool.
- Work closely together with the Cluster Health & Safety managers to sustain an environment of progressive continuous improvement and coaching of H&S auditing best practice.
- With a joint mandate from the VP of H&S and the paper & Board Chief Operating Officer, provide the necessary support and challenge to Site Managers to ensure that audit findings are actioned, with an appropriate implementation plan that is delivered on time and in full
- Develop Divisional key performance metrics that will be used for regular follow up and reporting related to audit results, as well as for developing/engineering the audit system and policies in the future and the implementation.
- Maintain a culture within the business where audits are seen as the catalyst for continuous improvement alongside a healthy respect for the rigour with which they are conducted.
- Bachelor or Master Degree;
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing and improvement management;
- A strong working knowledge of Health & Safety;
- Experience of working in an operational role would be a plus;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement;
- Relationship building within the wider operational team;
- Fluency in the English language. Additional language(s) would be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel extensively within Europe.
- International position within a FTSE 100 company;
- The opportunity to grow and to develop yourself professionally and personally within our Group;
- An annual gross salary €80.000 – €100.000
- An attractive secondary Compensation & Benefits Package.
Smurfit Kappa works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for the Health & Safety Implementation Manager position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about Smurfit Kappa or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
You can upload your CV via the “APPLY” button.