The Manager Procurement and Commodity Sourcing is responsible for playing a critical role in the duties of strategic sourcing and procurement of ESKA’s (raw) materials needs and the RDM Group commodities. He /she will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee raw material (especially Paper for Recycling supply) and commodity sourcing activities in the organization, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective procurement to meet the current and future needs of RDM and ESKA .
Eska is the world market leader in the graphic board market. Since 1 July 2021, Eska has been part ofthe RDM group. RDM is the leading producer of recycled cardboard and the largest producer in Italy,France and the Iberian Peninsula. Within the RDM group, the two Eska factories together with RDMOvaro form the so-called Solid Board cluster. Eska has traditionally been a traditional productioncompany, but is developing rapidly, with the focus increasingly on luxury packaging. More than275,000 tons of cardboard are made from waste paper in the factories in Hoogezand andSappemeer. In addition, there are sales offices and distribution centers in Virginia (USA), Milan andBarcelona. The cardboard is exported to more than 80 countries and used, among other things, forbooks with a hard cover (including the Harry Potter books), files, puzzles, board games and luxurypackaging (including Gucci and Dalmore).
Eska focuses on operational excellence and the renewal of processes, in the pursuit of perfection. The ambition is to continuously improve and innovate in order to continue to serve and surprise customers. Of course, the Sourcing and Procurement function has an important role in this. In order to give shape and content to these needs, there is an exciting challenge ahead for the aforementioned function.
Sustainability and challenge
Eska attaches great importance to sustainability. In addition to the recycled paper, which is used as a raw material for solid board, Eska processes the contaminants sorted from the waste paper (‘rejects’) into steam. This is used in the production process for drying and pressing the paper and cardboard. As a result, the ‘rejects’ do not have to be removed, so that less fossil fuel is used. Within Eska we want to take the knowledge and use of sustainable processes to an even higher level. The Sourcing and Procurement function plays an important role in making the entire supply chain more sustainable: think of optimizing supply, risks and business relations within a B-Corp certified Company.
- The Manager Procurement and Commodity Sourcing is responsible for playing a critical role in the duties of strategic sourcing and procurement of ESKA’s (raw) materials needs and the RDM Group commodities.
- You will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee raw material (especially Paper for Recycling supply) and commodity sourcing activities in the organization, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective procurement to meet the current and future needs of RDM and ESKA .
- You will manage 7 colleagues of the Sourcing and Technical Procurement Department
- Development and execution of sourcing strategies for products across supply chain.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives to build and maintain an efficient supply chain.
- Management of any supply issues and supporting planning for the organization to ensure supplier performance and compliance.
- Lead, develop, and manages supply chain improvement initiatives that correct any planning-related issues that affect physical inventories.
- Oversight of supplier audits and evaluation of supplier performance.
- Subject matter expert for up to date information in the field of fibre sourcing, chemicals, additives and packaging materials, and the general supply markets.
- Supports new projects for the business, engaging suppliers to help the team understand any costs and design implication.
- Identifies and targets new sources and vendors for material acquisition.
- Negotiate and execute contracts for sustainable procurement of the different commodities for the business.
- Utilizes customer insights, consumer trends, buying patterns, sales and commodities metrics, forecasting, and competitive landscape to partner across other functions.
- Management of Supplier Risks and B-Corp values (corporate social responsibility) in Sourcing and Procurement.
- Develops appropriate communications to advise business of supplier performance and supply issues.
- Works closely with partners and stakeholders on any sustainability initiatives, developing targets related to plans and strategies.
- Management of KPI’s
- You report to the CPO of the RDM Group in Milan and the Head of Solid Board Operations
- Depending on your own growth, internal developments and growth of the group, opportunity to coordinate and manage North European Procurement activities of the RDM Group
- Master’s Degree preferably in Business, Supply chain, or chemical engineering or another relevant subject;
- 10+ years of work experience in procurement, strategic sourcing or supply chain and B2B relations;
- Knowledge of diverse categories, knowledge of international product market;
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills, ability to work with data analytics function and drive meaningful insights;
- Communicates effectively to leverage understanding of key business drivers in industry, driving results;
- Strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation and vendor selection experience;
- Experience analysing data and transforming it into meaningful insights, ability to make data driven decisions;
- Language skills: Dutch, English- and preferably also German.
- An exciting procurement position in an international group
- Plenty of growth opportunities
- An annual gross salary up to €100.000 (inflow)
- Bonus 10%
- Company car
- 25 vacation days
- Pension scheme (PGB)
Eska works exclusively with Paper Support One for the recruitment of candidates for this position. You can contact Pim van Meeuwen for additional information about ESKA or the position. (+ 31 43 326 08 00 / +31 653 26 55 11)
We are looking forward to your application. Please apply via our website, click the apply button and upload your CV.